Indian Mathri or crackers are loved by everyone. I have tried to add a twist to this savory recipe. As all other garlic recipes ideas this quick tea time snack also has a yummy after taste of garlic. This homemade wheat crackers recipe makes crispy mathri with delicious flavor.
You can make and store Garlic crackers in an air tight container. So let us learn homemade wheat crackers recipe with Garlic twist.
Preparation Time: 8-10 min
Cooking Time: 8-10 min
Ingredients to make wheat garlic crackers:
- Wheat flour: 3 cups
- Semolina: 1 cup
- Garlic: 4-5 cloves
- Carom seeds (ajwain): 1 Teaspoon
- Chili flakes: 1 Teaspoon
- Salt: To taste
- Grounded Black Pepper: ½ Teaspoon
- Oil: 5-6 Table Spoon + for frying
- Warm Water: 1 Cup
Method to make wheat garlic crackers:
1. In a bowl mix all dried ingredients (flour, semolina, salt, pepper, chili flakes, carom seeds).
2. Crush garlic cloves, and mix in flour.
3. Now slowly add (warm) oil in this mixture and carefully mix it, till it looks like sand.
4. Add warm water and knead tight dough.
5. Take some dough and make a ball out of it.
6. With the help of rolling pin, flat the ball of thickness ½ inch.
7. Now take a fork and make tiny holes on this dough. This will help Garlic crackers to cook from inside as well.
8. With the help of pizza cutter or a cookie cutter or knife cut desired shaped crackers.
9. Put these on a tray for 2-3 minutes.
10. Heat the oil and deep fry Wheat Garlic Crackers, till they become nice and light golden brown.
11. Drain excess oil by using tissue paper.
12. Let these Garlic Crackers cool down a little bit on a room temperature. It is very important to make this quick tea time snack crispier.
13. Enjoy with tea.
Expert’s Tip(s) to make wheat garlic crackers :
1. Store in an air tight dry jar.
2. It is very important to nicely mix warm oil in the flour before kneading the dough.