Tzatziki Dip is a popular Greek dip, which is made with Greek yogurt, mint, parsley, dill, olive oil and garlic. Cucumber yogurt dip recipe is very simple and easy preparation. This vegan dip recipe takes time in blending the flavours, so it tastes best after 4-6 hours. Greek Tzatziki dip recipe is mainly served with grilled food but you can also enjoy this cucumber yogurt dip recipe with homemade bread and sandwiches.
For this vegan dip recipe, Greek yogurt is the main ingredient, which is available in supermarkets but if you cannot find it then also you can make it as Greek yogurt is nothing but strained yogurt. Simply drain all excess water from yogurt with the help of cheesecloth and strainer and after 4-5 hours Greek yogurt will be ready. It is also important to drain water from cucumber in order to make the dip really thick. I have used only 2 cloves of garlic in 1 large bowl of this Geek yogurt dip recipe as I do not like very strong flavor of raw garlic but if you like you may add more. For dressing I have used extra virgin olive oil, which is best for salads dressing for smooth texture and delicious flavor.
Preparation for this quick and easy dip recipe is very simple but you should give time to this dip for blending all the flavours, approximately 4-6 hours are good enough. I have made and kept Greek Tzatziki dip in fridge it and used it for two days, you can also do so.
Now let us have a look at ingredients and method to make finger licking good Tzatziki Dip at home:
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes (the dip tastes best after 4-6 hours).
Cooking Time: –
Ingredients to make Greek Cucumber Yogurt Dip:
- Greek Yogurt: 1 cup.
- English cucumber: 1.
- Fresh mint: ¼ cup (chopped).
- Fresh parsley: ¼ cup (chopped).
- Lemon juice: 2 tablespoons.
- Extra virgin olive oil: 1 tablespoon.
- Salt: to taste.
- Freshly ground black pepper: to taste.
- Cyan pepper: ½ teaspoon.
- Garlic: 2-3 cloves.
Method to Make Tzatziki Dip:
1. Wash and peal cucumber, cut its ends.
2. Put the cucumber in a zip lock bag.
3. With the help of rolling pin pat the cucumber to break it into small pieces.
4. Take out cucumber in a bowl; sprinkle some salt on it so that it oozes out water.
5. After about 10-15 minutes squeeze the cucumber and drain out as much excess water as you can.
6. Take Greek yogurt, cucumber, mint, parsley, lemon juice, salt, black pepper and mix well.
7. Mince garlic cloves and add to the yogurt.
8. Add olive oil and mix nicely.
9. Keep the dip in a cool place for about 4-6 hours and let the flavours blend nicely.
10. Garnish with cyan pepper and serve cool with homemade bread.
Expert’s Tips to Make Tzatziki Dip:
1. Take 2 cups of simple yogurt and hang it in cheesecloth for 4-5 hours and Greek yogurt is ready.
2. Traditionally dill is also added in this Greek dip recipe.
3. Draining out water from cucumber is very important.
4. You can keep this dip in fridge for 2 days.