Stuffed flatbread is a very popular breakfast recipe. It is believed that some sugar and clarified butter are nutritious and necessary for kids growth, but this recipe is not only for kid but if you are not on dieting then you may enjoy this whole wheat sweet flatbread. This nutritious recipe for kids contains flavours of coconut and cardamom stuffed in whole wheat stuffed paratha.
Learn this best sugar coconut paratha recipe and you can make it as a special breakfast treat. You can enjoy this special stuffed bread recipe with curd or any pickle. However sugar paratha recipe is traditionally a Sindhi Cuisine but this stuffed version is a twist to the traditional recipe with more taste. The aroma of this special stuffed bread recipe is so tempting, that this popular breakfast recipe will be demanded again and again.
Below are the Sugar Paratha Recipe and Ingredients:
Preparation time: 5-7 minutes.
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes.
Ingredients to make Sweet Paratha:
- Wheat flour: 4 cups.
- Grated coconut: 1 cup.
- Cardamom powder: ½ teaspoon.
- Sugar: 4 tablespoons.
- Saffron (optional): 1 pinch.
- Clarified butter (ghee): ½ cup.
- Water: to knead the dough.
Method to make Meetha Paratha:
1. Add water to the flour and knead soft dough.
2. In a separate bowl take grated coconut, cardamom powder, sugar and saffron (optional) add mix well.
3. Now make four equal portions out of the dough.
4. Take one part of the dough and make a ball.
5. With the help of a rolling pin flat the ball a little.
6. Apply just a little bit clarified butter on the flat dough. Put some coconut mixture on it.
7. Now take all sides of the flatted dough, seal them and again make a ball.
8. Flat this stuffed ball one more time and make paratha of ¼ inch thickness.
9. Now heat a flat pan or tawa. Turn the flame at low.
10. Roast paratha from one side for a minute.
11. Turn the paratha and cook it for 30 seconds. Now apply some clarified butter on it and turn the sweet paratha and cook from both the sides, till it is perfectly cook and light golden in color.
12. Serve hot with curd or pickle.
Expert’s Tip(s) to make Sweet Paratha:
1. You can us the amount of sugar as per your taste.
2. Cook the sweet stuffed bread slowly; this will increase the flavour of it.
3. Instead of granulated sugar you can use caster sugar, vanilla sugar, brown sugar or any other sugar that you like.