Here is monsoon season in India. In this cool rainy season learn how to make paneer pakoda. You can enjoy these quick paneer pakoda as a tea time snack or you may also eat these as appetizers. This party recipe with paneer will be surely loved by all. These special paneer pakoda are crispy from outside and soft and tender from inside. You can follow this crunchy paneer nuggets recipe whenever you want to have some spicy and flavourful fried snack or best paneer dishes.
Let us have a look at ingredients and Crunchy Paneer Nuggets recipe:
Preparation time: 10-15 min
Cooking time: 15 min
Ingredients to make Crunchy Paneer Nuggets:
- Paneer/ cottage cheese: 200 g
- All purpose flour: 2 ½ cups
- Corn flour: 2 table spoon
- Semolina (sooji): 4 table spoon
- Bread crumbs: 3-4 table spoon
- Sodium bicarbonate or cooking soda: 2 pinches
- Salt: to taste
- Chili flakes: ½ teaspoon
- Black pepper powder: to taste
- Water: 2 cups
- Any Cooking Oil: for frying
- Chat masala (optional)
- Lemon wedge: for garnishing
Method to make Crunchy Paneer Nuggets:
1. Cut paneer into desired shape and size.
2. In a bowl, mix semolina, all purpose flour, corn flour, black pepper powder, chili flakes, cooking soda and salt.
3. Add water and make batter.
4. Heat the oil for deep frying.
5. Now cover paneer with batter, then with bread crumbs and then again with the batter.
6. Deep fry the nuggets, till they become nice and golden brown.
7. Put them on tissue paper for a while, to remove excess oil.
8. Sprinkle some chat masala when the nuggets are hot.
9. Serve these hot crunchy Paneer nuggets with lemon wedge and your favorite chutney.
Expert’s Tip(s) to make Crunchy Paneer Nuggets:
1. Mix the batter well, there must not be any lumps in the batter, and do not make the batter too watery.
2. Do not fry too many nuggets at a time, else the temperature of the oil will cool down and the nuggets will not become crunchy.
3. Fry nuggets on medium high heat.