Kachori is a popular Indian snack, which is basically a stuffed puff pastry. Dal or lentils are used as stuffing for the famous Indian kachori recipe. In India green or white lentils are used for stuffing for kachaudi. Kachori, kachoudi or kachauri are very popular especially in Rajasthn and Uttar Pradesh, but in every part of India you can find a different variant of special dal kachori recipe.
Kachori can have stuffing made either of green lentils, white lentils, coconut, green peas or khoa, which is similar to ricotta cheese. Kachori is made in both sweet and savory flavors. Generally special dal kachori recipe is served with coriander chutney or tamarind sauce. Urad dal khasta kachauri recipe is served piping hot but it tastes delicious at room temperature as well. Famous Indian kachori recipe is “khasta” from outside, which means it is flakey and crispy from outside and soft and flavourful from inside.
Learn how to make dal kachodi from here and you can enjoy this popular Rajasthani kachori recipe as a starter, tea time snack. If you want lots of appraisals from your friends and relatives then make special dal kachori recipe at home on special occasions. White lentils or Urad dal khasta kachauri recipe ingredients are easily available at home and it is very simple to make special dal kachori recipe at home. You can also store urad dal khasta kachaur in an air tight container for a few days and when you want to serve it you can reheat it in oven or a few minutes and enjoy at anytime.
Popular rajasthani kachori recipe is a deep fried snack, which is puffed, crispy and hollow, because the filling sticks to the puff pastry. When you make special dal kachori recipe always fry it on a very sow flame, so that the pasty can be nicely cooked from inside and become puffed.
Let us learn how to make dal kachodi at home and impress everyone with your cooking! Below are ingredients and khasta kachori full recipe:
Preparation Time: 15-20 minutes.
Cooking Time: 30 minutes.
Ingredients to make Khasta Dal Kachori:
- Boiled white lentils (urad dal): 2 cups.
- Gram flour: 1 ½ cups.
- Oil: 4 tablespoons + 4 table spoons + for frying.
- Chopped green chili: 2.
- Salt: to taste.
- Red chili powder: 2 teaspoons.
- Turmeric powder: ½ teaspoon.
- Garam masala: 1 teaspoon.
- Fennel: 1 teaspoon.
- Garlic paste: 1 teaspoon.
- Dry mango powder: 1 teaspoon.
- Asafetida: 2 3 pinches.
- Chopped Coriander: a few leaves.
- Water: to knead the dough.
- Oil: 4 tablespoons
- Carom seeds: 1 teaspoon.
- All purpose flour: 4 cups.
Method to make Khasta Dal Kachori:
1. In a pan heat 4 tablespoons oil.
2. When the oil is hot, add asafetida and boiled urad dal or white lentils.
3. Cook the lentils for 1 minute.
4. Now slowly add gram flour and mix softly. Gram flour is very necessary to make special dal kachori recipe, as it acts as binding agent for the stuffing.
5. Cook this mixture for 2 minutes.
6. Now add chili, coriander, red chili powder, turmeric, salt, garam masala, dry mango powder fennel and mix nicely.
7. Cook for another 1 minute.
8. Now let the mixture cool down.
9. Make small balls of this mixture and keep aside.
1. In a bowl take flour, salt and carom seeds.
2. Add oil and mix with your fingers.
3. Now add water and knead dough.
1. Make a small ball out of the dough.
2. Flat he ball with a rolling pin.
3. Put a ball of stuffing on the dough and take all the sides of the flatted dough, seal the sides.
4. Now flat the kachori a little by pressing it in between your palms.
5. Heat the oil for deep frying. Turn the flame slow and fry 2 or 3 kachoris at a time.
6. Serve hot with tamarind sauce or coriander chutney.
Expert’s Tip(s) to make Khasta Dal Kachori:
1. Always fry kachori on slow flame.
2. Put the kachori in the frying pan slowly and keep the folded side down, so the stuffing does not come out, while frying.
Recipe sent by: Mrs. Shobha Soni
Shobha is a housewife, mother and a home cook. She believes is home style Indian cooking. Her cooking is influenced from Rajasthani and Gujrati cuisine, which include sweet and spicy both flavours.