Sabudana or sago khichdi is one of the most popular recipes for fast or upvas. This spicy sago recipe has vegetables and it is very light. This upvas sabudana recipe is very easy to make. This savory Sabudana recipe for fast can also be enjoyed at breakfast. Let us have a look at the ingredient and learn how to make sabudana khichdi, I am sure you will make this spicy sago recipe again and again.
Preparation time: 4-5 hours to soak sago (sabudana)+15 min preparation
Cooking time: 5-7 min
Ingredients to make Sabudana khichdi:
- Sago: 250 g
- Cooking oil (any): 2 tablespoons
- Cumin seeds: 1 teaspoon
- Curry leaves: 4-5 leaves
- Chopped Potato: 1 (medium size)
- Chopped Tomato: 1 (medium size)
- Finely chopped green chili: 1
- Dried red chili: 1
- Salt: to taste
- Red chili powder: 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder: ½ teaspoon
- Chopped coriander: for garnishing
- Chopped, Salted and roasted peanuts: 2 tablespoon
- Lemon juice: 1 tablespoon
Method to make Sabudana khichdi :
1. Soak sago in water for 4 to 5 hours or till they become soft.
2. Drain water form sago after they are nicely soft.
3. In a pan heat the oil.
4. Shallow fry potatoes till they become soft and golden in color.
5. Add cumin seeds, curry leaves, dried chili, and green chili in the pan and mix well. Cook it for 1 min.
6. Sprinkle salt in the pan.
7. Add tomatoes.
8. Add turmeric powder, red chili powder and peanuts.
9. Add sago and mix slowly.
10. Turn the flame at low heat.
11. Add lemon juice.
12. Cook for 2 minutes.
13. Garnish with chopped coriander.
14. Serve hot.
Expert’s Tips to make Sabudana khichdi:
1. Serve hot with crunchy roasted papadum/papad.
2. You can add your favorite vegetables.