For all cheese and pasta lovers here is best white sauce pasta recipe. Enjoy this white sauce pasta in Indian style as your Sunday brunch with your favorite drink. Once you learn this special Italian pasta recipe, you’ll want to make it again and again. All the white sauce pasta ingredients might be available in your fridge. This cheesy, delicious easy pasta recipe for main course will tempt even the saint inside you.
Here I have used Fusilli pasta as one of the white sauce pasta ingredients, which is twisted pasta, but you can use penne, macaroni or any other pasta of your choice. I know you can’t wait to cook this yummy pasta in your next main course so let us learn how to cook pasta in white sauce.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes.
Cooking Time: 15-20 minutes.
Ingredients to make White Sauce or Bechamel Sauce:
- Milk: 4 cups.
- Processed cheese or cheddar cheese: 1 small cube/50g.
- Dried Oregano: 1 teaspoon.
- Butter: 1 teaspoon.
- All purpose flour: 2 tablespoons.
- Salt: to taste.
- Black or white pepper: to taste.
Ingredients to make White Sauce Pasta:
- Fusilli pasta: 200g.
- Butter: 2 teaspoons.
- Onion: 1.
- Boiled sweet corn: ¼ cup.
- Basil leaves: 4 5 leaves.
- Capsicum: 1.
- Grated Parmesan cheese: for garnishing.
Method to make White Sauce:
1. In a heavy bottom sauce pan take milk, add flour and mix nicely. Make sure there are no lumps. Add grated cheese and mix well.
2. Now put the pan on medium flame. Keep stirring the sauce.
3. Add butter, dried oregano, black or white pepper and salt.
4. Cook till the sauce gets pourable but thick consistency.
5. The white sauce or Béchamel sauce is ready.
Method to make White Sauce Pasta:
1. Boil pasta in salted water, till it is cooked.
2. Now drain water from pasta and keep it aside.
3. In a pan heat butter.
4. Shallow fry onions, till they become soft.
5. Add capsicum, sweet corns, basil leaves. Cook for a minute.
6. Add cooked pasta and mix well.
7. Add white sauce or Béchamel sauce to the pasta. Mix well so the pasta is nicely coated by sauce.
8. Grate some parmesan cheese on the top.
9. Serve hot.
Expert’s Tip(s) to make White Sauce Pasta:
1. Keep the boiled pasta in chilled water till you do other preparations, this will not allow the pasta to get overcooked and sticky.
2. The sauce becomes thicker, when its temperature lowers down, so make the sauce a little thinner, so the sauce has right consistency, while serving.
3. Always mix flour and milk at room temperature and then put the pan on flame; else the sauce will become lumpy.
4. You should keep aside one cup of the water in which you have cooked the pasta and add that water to pasta while cooking it, this will make the pasta more delicious and shiny.
5. You can add baby corns, green or black olives or any other favorite vegetable in this white sauce pasta.