Recently I visited Pune (Mahaashtra) and found nice variety of fresh fig fruit there. I have never used fresh figs in cooking, but I wanted to create some refreshing recipe for FlavoursBlend visitors. After some brainstorming I decided to use figs with tangy oranges and make ice cream. This is a vegan ice cream recipe and I is not any traditional recipe is my own creation (hope you’ll like it).
We all want to know how to make ice cream at home without those ice flakes. Here you will get the solution to get rid ice flakes in cream. I have freezed this summer special recipe in refrigerator and covered the lid of the container, it will help in avoiding ice flakes. You can also make this fig orange ice cream in your ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer instructions.
Try out this unique flavor and give surprise to your taste buds with this refreshing fresh fruit ice cream recipe. I am sure the tanginess of oranges and earthy sweet taste of figs and both combined in an ice cream will beat the heat.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes.
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes + 8-10 hours to set ice cream in refrigerator or 25 minutes to set ice cream in ice cream maker.
Ingredients to Make Fig Orange Ice Cream:
- Fresh Figs: 250 g.
- Orange: 2.
- Lemon: 1.
- Sugar: ½ Cup.
- Vanilla Essence: ¼ teaspoon.
- Heavy cream: 3 Cups.
Method to Make Fig Orange Ice Cream:
1. Wash and cut the ends of fig fruit.
2. Cut figs into 4 slices each.
3. Squeeze out juice of orange and lemon.
4. In a heavy bottom pan add chopped figs, orange juice, lemon juice, vanilla essence and sugar.
5. Mix well and cook on medium high flame for 7-10 Minutes or until the figs become soft and start dissolving in orange juice.
6. Let the mixture cool down completely.
7. Blend the fig orange mixture so that not chunks are left.
8. Keep some mixture side for garnishing.
9. Add heavy cream in the rest of the mixture and blend again.
10. In an air tight container freeze the ice cream for at least 8 hours or make the ice cream in ice cream maker as per manufacturer’s instructions.
11. Scoop out the fig orange ice cream and garnish with fig orange mixture.
12. Enjoy homemade fruit ice cream.
Expert’s Tips to Make Fig Orange Ice Cream:
- If you cannot find fresh figs then soak dried figs in warm water for half an hour and follow the same recipe.
- Sugar can be substituted with honey for this vegan ice cream recipe.
- Cover the lid of the container while freezing ice cream in the refrigerator.