Cream pasta salad is a delicious starter recipe. I have made cold pasta salad with bow tie pasta or farfalle. farfalle veg pasta recipe is prepared with cream , mayonnaise and fresh vegetables. This bow tie pasta salad is my own recipe not the traditional one, you can also add our favorite seasoning and vegetables and also bacon in this recipe if you like.
To make cold pasta salad first I have cooked bow tie pasta, I kept it al dente, which actually enhanced the flavor and texture of the recipe. For the cream sauce I simple mixed cream, mayonnaise, salt and pepper. It is a salad so obviously some veggies are must, so I have added bell peppers, onion and broccoli. These veggies gave beautiful color as well as crunch to my farfalle veg pasta recipe.
Prepare this cream pasta salad and let it stand for 10-15 minutes, so that all the flavours can mix well together. This creamy pasta salad is served cold or at room temperature as starter or side dish recipe.
You can add your favorite seasoning, bacon and any other vegetables that you like to make cream pasta salad more delicious.
Now let us have a look at ingredients and easy to follow step by step recipe to make creamy bow tie pasta salad:
Preparation Time: 20 minutes.
Cooking Time: 15 minutes.
Ingredients to Make Cream Pasta Salad Recipe:
- Cooked (al dente) and drained Farfalle pasta or bow tie pasta: 200g.
- Chopped Carrot: ½ cup.
- Chopped Bell peppers: ½ cup.
- Sliced red onion: 1 (medium size onion).
- Chopped Broccoli: ¼ cup.
- Pickled jalapeño: 4-5 slices.
- Cream: 1 cup.
- Mayonnaise: 2 tablespoons.
- Thyme: ½ teaspoon.
- Freshly grounded White pepper: to taste.
- Salt: to taste.
Method to Make Cream Pasta Salad:
1. In a bowl add cream, mayonnaise and mix well.
2. Add thyme, white pepper, salt and mix to make cream sauce for the pasta.
3. Now add the chopped vegetables, chopped jalapeño to the cream sauce and mix.
4. Add cooked pasta to the mix and let the pasta salad stand for 10-15 minutes. You can also keep it in fridge.
5. Serve cream pasta salad cold or at room temperature.
Expert’s Tips to Make Cream Pasta Salad:
- Add pasta to the salted boiling water and keep it little raw (al dente). Drain pasta water and apply some vegetable oil on it so that the pasta does not stick together.
- You can use sour cream too for the recipe.