Chili potatoes are crispy fried potatoes in a spicy sauce of ginger, garlic, green chili and soya sauce. Chili potatoes are Chinese preparation but it is popular in India as well wie bekomm ich viagra. From fine dining restaurant to street food chili potatoes are served in various version. Here you can discover spicy starter recipe with secret of making Crispy chili potatoes.
This recipe for chili potato wedges is easy to cook recipe, which is perfect for parties, starters and even evening snacks for kids. Here I have made chili potato in gravy, although there is dry version too but I think it tastes better this way. People say that fried potatoes become soggy in gravy but here I will tell you how to make crispy chili potatoes recipe which will be crispy from outside and tender and hot from inside.
Make this Chinese chili potato recipe in winters and enjoy this hot snack with your kids. I have not made this too hot/spicy, but you can adjust the seasoning in your way. Instead of potatoes you can use Paneer (Indian cottage cheese), add bell papers and follow this same recipe for chili potato wedges and Chili Paneer is ready. Here I have use green onions but you can use chives too for this recipe. chives has a light flavor nice texture.
Let’s learn this spicy starter recipe with step by step images:
Preparation Time: 10 minutes.
Cooking Time: 20 minutes.
Ingredients to Make Chili Potato:
- Potato: 2.
- Chopped chives or green onion: ½ cup.
- Ginger paste: 1 table spoon.
- Chopped garlic: 4-5 cloves.
- Green chili: 2.
- Corn flour: 1 cup.
- Cumin seeds: ½ teaspoon.
- Soya sauce: 2 table spoons.
- Green chili sauce: 1 teaspoon.
- Salt: to taste.
- Oregano: ¼ teaspoon.
- Oil: for frying+ 2 table spoons.
- Coriander: for garnishing.
Method to Make Chili Potato:
- Wash and peel potatoes.
- Cut potatoes length wise in thick slices.
- Coat potatoes with 1/2 cup of corn flour.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Deep fry potatoes. The potatoes should become crisp and golden from outside and soft from inside.
- Put potatoes on kitchen paper to get rid of excess oil.
- Now for sauce heat 2 tablespoons oil.
- Add cumin seeds, chopped garlic, ginger paste and mix well.
- Add chili, soya (soy) sauce and chili sauce.
- Cook the sauce on low flame for 1 minute.
- Now mix rest half cup corn flour and water in a cup. Get rid of any lumps.
- Add corn flour and water mix in the sauce.
- Mix well. Add chopped green onion or chives, salt, black pepper, oregano.
- Cook for 2 minutes, add fried potatoes.
- Garnish with green onion, coriander.
- Serve piping hot.
- Happy cooking! Let me know your feedback in comments below.
Expert’s Tips to Make Chili Potatoes:
- Fry 4-5 slices of potatoes at a time.
- You can keep the sauce ready and add potatoes just before serving, but do not forget to reheat sauce.
- Use green part more of green onions for this recipe.