Chickpeas are rich in fiber, vitamins and iron. In Middle East and India it used in curries, salads and many more dishes. Here is one of the best starter recipes made with chickpeas. This easy chickpea cutlet recipe is a quick and tasty appetizer. This one of the best cutlet recipes for kids is perfect for parties and get together.
Crispy chole cutlets tastes best with curd and mint coriander chutney. Here is step by step snacks recipe, which can be followed by novice cooks also. Try this chickpea cutlets recipe at your home make it as starters or serve as party appetizers, this recipe will surely temp your taste buds.
Let us have a look at the ingredients and recipe for crispy chole cutlets:
Preparation Time: 6 hours (for soaking chickpeas) + 15 minutes.
Cooking Time: 15 minutes.
Servings: 3-4 (makes 10 cutlets).
Ingredients to make Chickpea Cutlet:
- Chickpea: 2 Cups.
- Breadcrumbs: ½ cup.
- Chopped Green Chili: 1.
- Chopped Onion: 1.
- Chopped Coriander: 2 Tablespoons.
- Lemon Juice: 1 Tablespoon.
- Maida or All Purpose Flour: 1 Cup.
- Red Chili Powder: 1 Teaspoon.
- Turmeric Powder: 1 Teaspoon.
- Salt: To Taste.
- Oil: for deep Frying.
Method to Make Chickpea Cutlet:
1. Soak chickpeas for 6-8 hours. Now Boil Chickpeas in pressure cooker for 15-20 minutes or till it becomes soft.
2. In a bowl mash chickpeas. Add all the ingredients except oil and mix well.
3. Make cutlets of desired shape out of this mixture.
4. Heat oil in a deep pan.
5. Fry cutlets till it becomes golden brown.
6. Sprinkle chaat masala (optional).
7. Serve hot with curd and chutney.
Expert’s tips to make Chickpea Cutlet:
1. Add a little flour at a time and mix well and only if required add more, else the cutlets may become dry.
2. You can also serve these cutlets in burger bun, with vegetables and sauce, it will make a unique burger, which you will love.