Aloo Tikki is a North Indian Street Food, which has so many variations. I have made Crispy aloo tikki with boiled potatoes, peas. Aloo Tikki or Potato Cutlets is a shallow fried snack. Cutlets are served hot with tomato sauce or mint coriander chutney. Here is a cheesy version of this crispy aloo tikki recipe. Here you will get secrete of making crisp cheese stuffed tikki or cutlets.
Get this crisp from outside and soft from inside Cheese stuffed tikki recipe and make it at home as a starter or tea time snack. Get step by step Cheesy cutlets recipe and ingredients with images. I hope that you will also enjoy making this Crispy aloo tikki recipe on special occasions like birthdays or get together at your home. You can also use baking or air frying instead or shallow frying in this popular Indian potato cutlets recipe to make a “Zero Oil” of this Cheese stuffed tikki recipe.
So let have a look at ingredients and recipe for mouthwatering Crispy aloo tikki:
Preparation Time: 15 minutes.
Cooking Time: 15 minutes.
Ingredients to make Cheese Stuffed Crispy Aloo Tikki:
- Boiled potatoes: 4-5 (medium size).
- Semolina: 1 cup.
- Onion: 1 (chopped).
- Green Chili: 2 (finely chopped).
- Ginger Paste: ½ teaspoon.
- Coriander: 2 tablespoons (Chopped).
- Salt: to taste.
- Red Chili Powder: 1 teaspoon.
- Cumin seeds: 1 teaspoon.
- Turmeric powder: 2 teaspoons.
- Parmesan cheese: ½ cup (grated).
- Oil: for shallow frying.
Method to make Cheese Stuffed Crispy Aloo Tikki:
1. Mesh the boiled potatoes in a bowl.
2. Add semolina and mix well. Semolina helps in making the cutlets crispy.
3. Add all the spices, coriander, onion and green chili and mix well.
4. Make a small ball out of the potato mixture. Stuff grated parmesan cheese in it and make a ball again.
5. Press the cutlet softly in between your palms.
6. Make all the cutlets in this way.
7. Heat a flat pan.
8. Put 3 or 4 cheese stuffed cutlets at a time add a little oil at a time and shallow fry cutlets on low flame from both sides, till it becomes nice and crisp.
9. Put on tissue paper to remove excess oil.
10. Serve hot Cheese Stuffed Crispy aloo tikki with tomato sauce or tamarind chutney.
Experts Tips to make Cheese Stuffed Crispy Aloo Tikki:
1. You can also use steamed potatoes instead of boiled potatoes if you think the potatoes have lots of water in them. This will make the cutlets crispier.
2. There must not be any cracks in the cutlets ball otherwise cheese will come out and cutlets will stick to the pan.
3. You can also use paneer/ cottage cheese instead of parmesan cheese.
4. You can use raw bananas also in the place of potatoes to make a healthier version of cutlets.