When you think of jalebi, a spiral shaped juicy dessert comes in your mind, well that is what exactly traditional jalebi is. But here is a fruity variation of the traditional jalebi recipe. Apple Jalebi is quick dessert recipe for festival, which will take you to Middle East. Get this easy apple jalebi recipe and give a fruity touch to the festive recipes.
Apples are coated with batter and deep fried and then dipped in fragrant saffron syrup, pistachios are sprinkled at the end to give final touch to easy apple jalebi recipe, does it not sound “Delicious”? In this post I’ll tell you how to make apple jalebi at home. Here is Apple jalebi recipe with images.
You can enjoy this one of the best apple desserts recipe in winters with warm milk also. I bet you can’t eat just one bite of it; you’ll want many of it. So have a look at ingredients and Apple jalebi recipe with images:
Preparation time: 20 Minutes.
Cooking time: 15 Minutes.
Ingredients to make Apple Jalebi:
- All purpose flour: 100g.
- Apple: 2.
- Clarified Butter: for frying.
- Water: to make batter.
- Baking soda: ¼ teaspoon.
- Pistachios and rose petals: for garnishing.
For sugar syrup:
- Sugar:1 ½ cups.
- Water:1 cup.
- Saffron: ¼ teaspoon.
- Cardamom powder: 1/2 teaspoon.
- Rose water: 1 teaspoon.
Method to make Apple Jalebi:
1. In a large bowl take all purpose flour and baking soda.
2. Add water and make batter to make jalebi. Mix it well and get rid of any lumps. The batter should not be very watery.
3. Now keep it aside for 15-20 minutes.
4. Wash apples and peel off skin with potato peeler.
5. Slice the apples into around 1 cm thick slices.
6. In a frying pan heat clarified butter or ghee.
7. Dip apple slices in the batter and fry 2-3 slices at a time, till it becomes light golden brown from both the sides.
For Sugar Syrup:
1. In a heavy bottom pan take sugar and water and heat it, so that sugar dissolves in water.
2. Add cardamom powder, saffron, rose water and let the syrup boil for 2 minutes.
3. Dip fried jalebis immediately into the syrup and coat nicely with the syrup.
4. Sprinkle pistachios and rose petals.
5. Serve hot.
Expert’s tips to make Apple Jalebi:
1. Do not fry too many jalebis at a time.
2. Make the sugar syrup of 1 string consistency.
3. Serve hot with warm milk.
4.Add one tablespoon milk in the syrup while it is boiling, all the sugar impurities will start to float. Now you can remove the impurities.